Public Budget Reviews
The chamber will have representatives who attend and keep chamber leadership informed about proposed budgets which are presented at various budget hearings. Budgets reviewed annually include: Cowlitz County, Kelso and Longview School Districts, CDID #1, Port of Longview, Cities of Kelso and Longview.
- Maintain a presence at budget hearings for public entities.
- Keep the chamber board of directors updated on the process and any recommendation needing attention.
- Make and distribute a final report to the board of directors. Make the report available to members of the chamber.
Budget and Finance
Chair: Neil Zick, Twin City Bank
Work with President/CEO to prepare and present the annual budget to the board of directors.
- Conduct financial reviews on projects generating non-dues revenue for the chamber.
- Recommend short and long-term investments.
- Assure the chamber's annual financial review is completed; make a report to the board upon completion.
- Ensure that the chamber is providing appropriate resources to address its programs and that it is following good fiscal policy.