Public Budget Reviews
The chamber will have representatives who attend and keep chamber leadership informed about proposed budgets which are presented at various budget hearings. Budgets reviewed annually include: Cowlitz County, Kelso and Longview School Districts, CDID #1, Port of Longview, Cities of Kelso and Longview.
- Maintain a presence at budget hearings for public entities.
- Keep the chamber board of directors updated on the process and any recommendation needing attention.
- Make and distribute a final report to the board of directors. Make the report available to members of the chamber.
Budget and Finance
Chair: Neil Zick, Twin City Bank
Work with President/CEO to prepare and present the annual budget to the board of directors.
- Conduct financial reviews on projects generating non-dues revenue for the chamber.
- Recommend short and long-term investments.
- Assure the chamber's annual financial review is completed; make a report to the board upon completion.
- Ensure that the chamber is providing appropriate resources to address its programs and that it is following good fiscal policy.
Education Foundation Committee
Chair: Melissa Boudreau, Kelso School District
Board Liaison: Cherelle Montayne, PeaceHealth
Staff Contact: Julie Rinard
Develop, implement and support programs that promote relationships between business and education. Coordinate the Business & Education Awards event which takes place in May, recognizing employer organizations and individuals that have implemented good programs for continuing education, including technology, for their employees. The event also recognizes excellence in education, specifically among teachers, administrators and support staff. Coordinate the Chamber's Scholarship Program by setting criteria, selecting recipients and also determine ways to help fund the program. Assist and help maintain and strengthen the Chamber's relationship with area education boards.
Education Foundation Board
- Melissa Boudreau (Kelso School District)
- Cherelle Montayne (PeaceHealth)
- Bill Marcum (Kelso Longview Chamber)
- Rick Parrish (Longview School District)
- Bill Ofstun (Longview High Schools)
- Danielle Johnson (Huntington Learning Center)
- Lindsey Cope (Cowlitz Economic Development Council)
- Alyssa Joyner (Workforce Southwest Washington)
- Tamera Gilchrist (Lower Columbia College)
- Julie Rinard (Kelso Longview Chamber)
- Bailey Roberts (Fibre Federal Credit Union)
- Teedara Wolf (Cowlitz PUD)
- Rachel Leinweber (Kelso Middle Schools)
- Kari Konero-White (JH Kelly)
- Codie Jennison (Northwest Enforcement)
- Laura Hight (CCRC - The Mediation Center)
- Jim Harvey (Kelso Longview Kiwanis)
- Patty Halk (Goodwill of the Olympics & Rainier Region)
- Lori Bashor-Sarancik (Cowlitz Wahkiakum Legal Aid)
Government Affairs Committee
Chair: Dale Lemmons
Board Liaison: Lisa Straughan
Staff Contact: Bill Marcum
- Promote policies and legislation that will assist in the success of business.
- Cooperatively conduct legislative, candidate and other forums for the membership and community.
- Provide information to members on issues. Ensure that the chamber is providing appropriate resources to address its programs. Oversee good fiscal policy. Work closely with City, County and Washington Department of Transportation officials on improvements needed for streets, roads, and highways. Keep Chamber members informed on all transportation issues. Support enhancements of entryways into Kelso/Longview including appropriate signage, plantings, etc. Invite guest speakers to discuss various transportation issues.
- Provide input to local, regional and statewide committees/organizations that are responsible for recommending future transportation requirements.
- Legislative Briefings - every Monday 7 am at the Red Lion during the Washington State Legislative Session.
- Monthly Meetings after the conclusion of Session. These are generally on the first Monday of each month (Monday holidays are moved to the second Monday) June
Government Affairs Committee Members:
- Dale Lemmons (Signature Transport)
- James Bobst (Pacific Fibre)
- Kristin Gaines (Millennium)
- Shannon Cahoon (Fibre Federal Credit Union)
- Lisa Straughn (Express Personnel)
- Allan Erickson (Port of Longview)
- Dale Lewis (Port of Longview
- Steve Taylor (Cowlitz PUD)
- Rick Gushman (Gibbs & Olson)
- Kurt Sacha (City of Longview)
- Andy Hamilton (City of Kelso)
- Bill Fashing, CWCOG
- Don Lemmons, (appappint)
- Chris Bailey, (Lower Columbia College)
- Dan Zorn, (Longview School District)
- Steve Dahl, (SRDS)
- Ted Sprague, (CEDC)
- Wendy Keegan, (LifeWorks)